Danny Meyer discusses the transformation of the dining experience in today’s world, as the emergence of upscale restaurants to fast food chains has resulted in a popular fusion of the two. Addressing how people’s experience with food & dining has been affected by technological, cultural, and social changes, his talk is a profound and refreshing perspective on the truly restorative purpose and effect of food & dining in our everyday lives.
Publications & Reports
- Mix Shake Stir, Danny Meyer, 2009
Known for restaurants with creative bartenders and drinks, Danny Meyer’s Mix Shake Stir gives readers the chance to take home the fun, unique drinks usually only offered at his restaurants. Also including tips on bar snacks, mastering signature favorites, and putting a unique spin on the classics, Meyer’s 100+ recipes allow anyone to become a master of mixology.
- Second Helpings from Union Square Cafe, Danny Meyer & Michael Romero, HarperCollins, 2001.
As New York City’s most popular restaurant as ranked by the Zagat Survey for five years running and earning, Union Square Cafe Cookbook gives readers the chance to try over 140 of Union Square Cafe-inspired recipes to their homes. Different from a conventional cookbook, Meyer & Romero provide tips on making your own pasta, how to correctly clean morels, and more, allowing readers to take their cooking to the next level. While the unique, genuine hospitality found at Union Square Cafe can’t be recreated, this cookbook provides the next best thing.
- Setting the Table: The Transforming Power of Hospitality in a Business, Danny Meyer, HarperCollins, 2006.
A New York Times Bestseller, Danny Meyer’s Setting the Table provides an inside look at his famous and delicious restaurants and establishments and the things that made them successful. While focused on the restaurant industry, Meyer provides insights and experiences invaluable to the successful foundation of any business.
- Union Square Cafe Cookbook, Danny Meyer & Michael Romano, HarperCollins, 1994.
In their debut book, Union Square Cafe owners Danny Meyer and Michael Romero offer 160 of USC’s most classic recipes in the Union Square Cafe Cookbook. Capturing the restaurant’s unique energy and their shared, genuine care for their customers, this cookbook is a must-have for anyone with a passion for good food, good people, and good times.
Where to Follow
Facebook: Union Square Hospitality Group
- Look back on your most memorable restaurant experiences. What made them good/bad?
- How can hospitality and good customer service have an effect on the society and culture that it serves?
- How can the values that make up a hospitable restaurant be applicable to society as a whole?
- Stay in the loop regarding USHG events and announcements by visiting their news page.
- Support Meyer and USHG by hosting Union Square Events. Visit their website to learn more.
- Consider what USHG can do for you by visiting their Join Our Team page.
- Get involved in your community’s hunger relief initiatives. For info about donations and community events related to USHG, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask yourself what you can do to emphasize the values of hospitality and congeniality within your community.
Go to Change Food’s Tumblr site to share and give us feedback on your experiences.