Please note: We will not have a Change Food Fest in 2017. Our next tentative event will be late January 2018 in New York City and spring 2018 in the Midwest. Updates and details to come shortly…
The Change Food Fest is an outgrowth of five very successful TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat” events. This multi-faceted, two-day event was launched in 2016 in recognition of the increased scale, scope and pace of the food movement.
Sponsor the Change Food Fest!
The goals of the Change Food Fest are to:
- Connect people within the food space, both for profits and nonprofits, in an effort to build synergy and collaboration as we solve serious issues with food and farming. Change Food works to bridge divides, such as the rural/urban divide and the food movement/food tech division
- Provide a public platform for individuals, companies and organizations who are doing successful work but not necessarily receiving the attention and support they need
- Through live viewing parties, build energy, momentum and connections in local communities
- Develop additional resources for the Change Food Video Library through professionally filming the TED-like talks and Quickbites short clips
The second Change Food Fest will take place in fall 2017 or early 2018 in New York. The 2- to 3-day event will help bridge the rural and urban divide by bringing together small farmers and rural producers with urban companies and programs to help bring down silos and establish connections and programs bringing the two sides together.
The Fest will feature:
- TED-like talks from key influencers
- Talks will be professionally filmed and promoted online through the Change Food Video Library
- Interactive and engaging panels, discussions and/or workshops to help break down barriers between rural producers and urban companies and consumers
- Activities and experiences
- A on-site farm dinner (under consideration)
- Panels and talks webcast live through Change Food’s YouTube Channel and Facebook Live
- Registered viewing parties to watch the live webcast, with a goal of at least 100 satellite events around the U.S.
- Change Food Fest talks are professionally filmed and permanently housed in the Change Food Video Library where they are marketed indefinitely.
- According to the USDA, an additional 4.3% of farms were lost between 2007-2012, yet demand for sustainably produced food is at an all-time high.
- The average age of farmers is around 60 years old. With no one to take over the farms, what will happen to the local food movement when there is no sustainably produced food left because all the farms have closed down? Serious issues must be addressed, issues that affect everyone in both rural and urban areas.
- The Change Food Fest will address the divide by bringing together urban and rural producers and businesses to establish connections, commonalities and to build bridges.
In order for small farms to survive, and in order to bridge and heal the divide between rural and urban, we need to come together, connect and share our experiences. We need to shine a light on the successes, highlight realistic solutions, and find ways to support each other – and find solutions together.
Sponsor the Change Food Fest!
More information coming shortly!