CHANGE FOOD VOLUNTEERS
Change Food is on the lookout for passionately motivated individuals who want to volunteer some of their time to a good cause.
We’re always on the lookout for help with grant writing and fundraising.
Please fill out our online application if you are interested. (These positions are unpaid.)
Volunteer positions available:
- Grant Writer/Fundraiser. Help raise money for Change Food through creative fundraising efforts.
- Social Media Manager. Manage Change Food’s social media accounts, post information, increase followers – and much more. Our specific focuses are Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Event Organizer. Help organize Change Food Meets events, including donation outreach, promotion, gift bags, tickets.
- Moderator of WiFFFT (Women in Food Farming and Food Tech) and Change Food Now Community Facebook pages. Approve members, answer questions, post information – Help grow these offline into more than just a Facebook page.
- Writer/Editor/Researcher. Head with writing and editing articles, as well as researching necessary information for our programs.
- Blog Manager. Manage the blog and Change Food Dispatch Medium account, specifically the research, writing, editing and posting of relevant articles. Work with the social media team and any writers, editors or researchers.
- Associate. Help the Executive Director with general duties (see below).
You can help out with one or two things, rather than take on a specific role. General duties might include:
- Blog writing
- General administrative duties such as data entry, organizing files, ordering supplies, responding to queries, keeping Executive Director organized – anything to help with the smooth operation of the organization
- Graphics creation (we use Canva – we can teach you in 5 minutes!)\
- Newsletter creation
- Research and writing, as necessary
- Social media – posting, responding, etc. This includes monitoring our various groups/page – Change Food, Change Food community page, LinkedIn group, Women in Food Farming and Food Tech group, etc.
- Video editing and filming
- Website updating
Please only apply if you are committed to creating change and are comfortable working on your own and in small teams. You must have solid experience working online – internet research, Google Drive apps, responding to emails in a timely manner, etc – and we are happy to teach you anything you might not be familiar with (such as Slack).
The positions are remote so candidate can live anywhere in the world, though regular meetings will be held every other week or so, more when we are close to an event – in person if NYC-based or via online video otherwise.
There is a 6 hour a week minimum. Hours are flexible.
These opportunities are for anyone interested and not just students. Retirees, professionals, anyone interested is encouraged to reply. We just require a get-your-hands-dirty kind of attitude.
Positions are unpaid. Please, no phone calls.
Please fill out our online application if you are interested. Thanks!