Connect – Collaborate – Transform
Change Food strives to create a healthy food system for all.
Change Food creates programs, events and resources for individuals and groups changing the food system from the ground up.
Goals of Change Food:
- Facilitate networking and collaboration within all aspects of the food movement.
- Broaden exposure of the work of successful programs already in existence through marketing and special events.
- Harness the power and passion of the new generation of individuals interested in healthy food
2017 and Beyond
- Change Food Center. Change Food is launching the Change Food Center, a physical space near Hudson, New York, that will be a retreat center, innovation incubator and a creative space to develop or strengthen solutions to problems with food and farming. Think of the Aspen Institute, Yaddo and the Omega Center merged together.
- Change Food Fest. Whether it be a salon, festival or dinner series, Change Food develops creative experiences that raise awareness, promote solutions and provide tools that can educate others.
- Change Food Video Library. Change Food updates, maintains and adds to the Change Food Video Library so interested individuals and groups around the world can host their own events in order to create change locally.
Change Food is headed by founder and executive director Diane Hatz. Hatz brings with her 20 years of experience in the food movement, including her previous positions as the founder/organizer of TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat,” executive producer of The Meatrix movies, founder and director of Sustainable Table, founder and director of the Eat Well Guide, and co-founder/director of The Glynwood Institute for Sustainable Food and Farming.
“I believe we already have the solutions to our problems with food,” says Hatz. “We need to find and promote the people and programs that are already making a difference while mentoring the new generation of passionate individuals who will be tomorrow’s leaders.”