Aggregate – Amplify – Advance
Change Food works toward a healthier food system for people, animals & the planet.
Change Food aggregates and collaborates with others working toward healthy food change, amplifies their voices through events and programs, and advances the work and the goal of the food movement – to provide healthy, safe, delicious, fair food to all.
Our main program “Plant Eat Share” is building a global movement of communities planting and sharing healthy food for free.
Everyone has the right to healthy, nutritious food – everyone.
Change Food creates programs, events and resources for people changing the food system from the ground up. We believe lasting change only happens from within a community, so we look for people and programs not getting enough attention and give them a bigger platform and larger microphone. We then offer videos and resources created from our programs and events so anyone anywhere at anytime can put on their own event to raise awareness, educate, and solve problems locally.
We must expand the food movement beyond the small demographic it currently serves and build a healthy food system for – and created by – all. We must also work to create connections between different sectors of food and farming, making sure everyone, including farmers, have a seat at the table.
Change Food was founded in 2013 by veteran food advocate Diane Hatz. The nonprofit has hosted six groundbreaking TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat” events and Change Food Fest and are a prime example of the work we do, impacting over 9 million people. We’ve received well over 600 million media impressions and hundreds of articles, hosted over 100 speakers, and helped organize hundreds of live viewing parties around the world to watch our events, in over 37 states and at least 14 countries.
How We Do It
An example of our mechanisms for change are:
- Change Food Meets
Community events that create networking opportunities in local communities around the country. Speakers from these events are filmed and promoted through Change Food’s channels and are considered for the Change Food Fest stage. More….
- Change Food Video Library
The Change Food Video Library houses short talks on food and farming (mainly from Change Food events) to educate individuals and provide resources for local communities who want to put on their own events. More…
Goals of Change Food:
- Bringing more national exposure to the successful work of individuals, organizations and companies working toward a fair, healthy food system – with a focus on qualified, yet underrepresented, people and groups in the U.S.
- Provide opportunities and resources so grassroots and community nonprofits can provide livable wages and receive adequate program support in order to ensure success.
- Build community by facilitating networking and collaboration within local communities and across different parts of the food movement in order to help build momentum to create positive, inclusive change
- Remain a leading force in the food movement with respect to community building (aggregating) and elevating the profile of organizations and groups not getting enough attention (amplifying), in order to create measurable change toward a healthier food system for all (advancing)
- Help lessen consumer confusion around healthy food and farming
Other Change Food Work:
Change Food is the founding organization of Women in Food Farming and Food Tech (WiFFFT), a professional association for women in all aspects of food and farming in order to support each other’s work.
AgArts imagines and promotes healthy food systems through the arts. Change Food is a supporter of AgArts and founder Diane Hatz is also co-founder and President of the Board of Directors.
Connect With Us!