Change Food is currently developing the Change Food Center – a retreat center, innovation incubator and creative space that will develop and/or strengthen solutions to problems with food and farming. The Center will be a physical space based in upstate New York in or near the Hudson Valley.
The goal of the Center is to:
- Build bridges and break down silos. Change Food brings together the rural and urban food and farming sector, as well as the food tech/food startup sector with the food movement.
- The Change Food Fest 2017 will be held at the Center in late summer/early fall 2017 as an official launch to the Center. The focus will be on dairy. By bringing together upstate New York and rural dairy farmers with urban food-based companies that use dairy products, Change Food will strive to break down divides between urban and rural.
- Amplify the voice of all sectors of good food.
- Provide creative space for entrepreneurs, experts and leaders to find solutions to key issues in food and farming.
Change Food believes in a collaborative business model and understands that through working together when feasible, organizations achieve much more success than they would by working alone. Change Food is looking to locate the center on an already-existing space. Negotiations are underway to house the center on a farm near Hudson, New York.
The Center will consist of:
- An event space in a converted barn that will include capability for professional filming of talks and events as well as complete audio/visual capabilities. This space will also double as a tech media center where Change Food can work to develop online resources around food and farming.
- Two retreat houses that include private bedrooms with bath and meeting space.
- Full professional teaching kitchen and an additional smaller kitchen.
- A full working farm run by another nonprofit.
Much more to come as details are finalized!