Meet other people working in and around food – for profit, nonprofit, entrepreneurs, restaurants, chefs – and more! Ten or so people will be selected to give a 2 1/2 minute (and we mean 2 1/2 minutes) talk about who they are, what they do, and one need they might have (besides money/investment – we all need money). Talks are filmed and housed in Change Food’s Video Library.
We are looking to host Change Food Meets… every month or every other month in an effort to build connections and collaborations within food and farming, welcome those just getting started in the food space, and to reconnect with friends and colleagues who’ve worked with Change Food over the years. We’re starting in NYC but are looking to expand. If you live outside NYC and would like to help us put one together in your town, please email us at changefood (at) changefood (dot) org.
Everyone is invited to join, from those working in startups, retail, restaurants, nonprofits, policy – all are welcome. People who like great food are also welcome! It will take all of us to create the world we want to live in.
Want to be a speaker? Just fill out this form. There are no guarantees but 5 out of the first 10 people to fill out a speaker application will be chosen to speak; the rest will be decided on closer to the event.
Change Food Meets is much more than a meal. It is a way to:
- Help level the playing field with large, well-funded organizations who always get media attention and control the conversation around good food
- Give a stronger, louder voice to local communities and/or groups doing impactful, system-changing work that do not have the means to promote themselves
- Find new speakers for larger national Change Food Fest events
- Bring together communities and help them begin to work together more collaboratively
- Discover new programs and work being done that helps solve critical issues in food
- Build a video library of key work being undertaken around the U.S. Properly tagged, groups doing the same work in other parts of the country will be able to find each other and connect
The inaugural Change Food Meets… kicked off in New York City in February 2018.