Promoting and Marketing Your Event
If you want to bring in people from your local community, some who you might not know, there are several ways you can advertise your event and get word out. These include:
- If you have any social media, post out an invitation through all your social media.
- Ask your friends to post out information on their social media. If you are having a live speaker, encourage them to post out information as well.
- Post fliers at local stores, groceries, farmers markets, laundromats, student lounges – anywhere you can post information.
- Does your town or area have a blog or online newspaper? See if they’ll post out information.
- If you are putting on a big event or want to have a salon or smaller event on a regular basis, you might want to create accounts for the event on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and anywhere else you think appropriate.
- Reach out to local colleges or universities where students may be interested in promoting and/or attending the event.
- After researching organizations related to the topics covered at your event, you may want to reach out and see if they will help you advertise.
- Create email campaigns that can be forwarded or passed along to your attendees and their communities.