CHANGE FOOD VOLUNTEERS
Change Food is on the lookout for passionately motivated individuals who want to volunteer some of their time to a good cause. Right now our focus is on our October 24th Change Food Fest event in Asheville, NC, and we’re looking for help with social media, blog writing, finding food and other donations, helping organize the event – and more! We will also soon be planning 2019 – the events we’ll host, where we will have them, etc.
We are also always on the lookout for help with grant writing and fundraising.
Please fill out our online application if you are interested. (These positions are unpaid.)
Specific volunteer positions we have open right now are:
- Change Food Manager. As we raise money and expand Change Food, the Executive Director is looking to shift her focus a bit and spend less time on Change Food. This leaves room for the right person to join the organization, learn the ropes and possibly take over running Change Food in the next year or two.
- Event Co-organizer. Assist the Executive Director in planning, organizing and implementing events around the country that focus on some aspect of food and farming. Help determine the theme of the events, assist with outreach for sponsors and donations, oversee ticket sales – and much more. We need at least one person to help with the October 24th Change Food Fest: Regenerating Southern Food Systems event in Asheville, NC.
- Grant Writer/Fundraiser. Help raise money for Change Food by researching and submitting grant applications as well as through creative fundraising efforts.
- Social Media Manager. Manage Change Food’s social media accounts, post information, increase followers – and much more. Our specific focuses are Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- You Tube Manager. Manage videos on YouTube; help update, edit and improve Change Food’s YouTube page. Merge the channel with the Change Food Video Library. Work with the social media team to
- Moderator of WiFFFT (Women in Food Farming and Food Tech) Facebook page. Approve members, answer questions, post information – create an online resource and community of women in all aspects of food and farming. Help grow this offline into more than just a Facebook page.
- Writer/Editor/Researcher. Head up blog writing; help build a team of writers to keep the blog active and engaging.
- Blog Manager. Manage the blog, specifically the research, writing, editing and posting of relevant articles. Work with the social media team and any writers, editors or researchers.
- Associate. Help the Executive Director with general duties (see below).
You can help out with one or two things, rather than take on a specific role. General duties might include:
- Blog writing
- General administrative duties such as data entry, organizing files, ordering supplies, responding to queries, keeping Executive Director organized – anything to help with the smooth operation of the organization
- Graphics creation (we use Canva – we can teach you in 5 minutes!)\
- Newsletter creation
- Research and writing, as necessary
- Social media – posting, responding, etc. This includes monitoring our various groups/page – Change Food, Change Food community page, LinkedIn group, Women in Food Farming and Food Tech group, etc.
- Video editing and filming
- Website updating
Please only apply if you are committed to creating change and are comfortable working on your own and in small teams. You must have solid experience working online – internet research, Google Drive apps, responding to emails in a timely manner, etc – and we are happy to teach you anything you might not be familiar with (such as Slack).
The positions are remote so candidate can live anywhere in the world, though regular meetings will be held every other week or so, more when we are close to an event – in person if NYC-based or via online video otherwise.
There is a 8 hour a week minimum. Hours are flexible.
These opportunities are for anyone interested and not just students. Retirees, professionals, anyone interested is encouraged to reply. We just require a get-your-hands-dirty kind of attitude.
Positions are unpaid. Please, no phone calls.
Please fill out our online application if you are interested. Thanks!