Connect – Collaborate – Transform
Change Food® works toward a healthier food system for people, animals & the planet.
Change Food connects and collaborates with others working toward healthy food change, amplifies their voices through events and programs, and transforms the work and goal of the food movement – to provide healthy, safe, delicious, fair food to all.
Our main program “Plant Eat Share” is building a global movement of communities planting and sharing healthy food for free while our talk show “Change Food Eats” is providing a public platform for people, programs and organizations/companies creating real change.
In 2020 in response to the pandemic, Change Food founded East Village Neighbors, a community effort to help feed residents in Change Food founder Diane Hatz’s neighborhood in New York City.
Change Food is a social marketing nonprofit that helps discover healthy food trends at the grassroots level and propel them into the mainstream. We do this through:
- Community building and collaboration
- Developing marketing collateral and resources
- Social marketing campaigns
Change Food creates programs, events and resources for people changing the food system from the ground up. We believe lasting change only happens from within a community, so we look for people and programs not getting enough attention and give them a bigger platform and larger microphone. We then offer videos and resources created from our programs and events so anyone anywhere at anytime can put on their own event to raise awareness, educate, and solve problems locally.
We must expand the food movement beyond the small demographic it currently serves and build a healthy food system for – and created by – all. We must also work to create connections between different sectors of food and farming, making sure everyone, including farmers, have a seat at the table.
Goals of Change Food:
- Help create a healthy, inclusive food system for everyone
- Build community by facilitating networking and collaboration opportunities
- Increase national exposure of successful work of individuals, organizations and companies working toward a fair, healthy food system
- Help lessen consumer confusion around healthy food and farming
- Change public mindset to understand healthy food is a human right
- Lasting change happens from the ground up
- Communities and/or people change themselves. We can only provide resources and roadmaps
- Solutions already exist
- Individuals and groups creating real, lasting change do not get appropriate attention and funding
Change Food was founded in 2013 by veteran food advocate and social entrepreneur Diane Hatz, who has hosted six groundbreaking TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat” events and the Change Food Fest. These are a prime example of the work we do, impacting over 9 million people. We’ve received well over 600 million media impressions and hundreds of articles, hosted over 100 speakers, and helped organize hundreds of live viewing parties around the world to watch our events, in over 37 states and at least 14 countries.