Many parts of the food movement work next to each other in the same community, yet many don’t know the other exists.
Change Food Meets are various types of social get togethers – sometimes for the food movement, most often open to the public also – for those interested in healthy food and changing the food system.
Everyone is invited to join – people working in food nonprofits, food retail, startups – anything related to food. People simply interested in food also welcome! It will take all of us to create the world we want to live in.
The second Change Food Meets… happened on April 18th in Brooklyn NY.
Change Food Meets is much more than a meal. It is a way to:
- Help level the playing field with large, well-funded organizations who always get media attention and control the conversation around good food
- Give a stronger, louder voice to local communities and/or groups doing impactful, system-changing work that do not have the means to promote themselves
- Find new speakers for larger national Change Food Fest events
- Bring together communities and help them begin to work together more collaboratively
- Discover new programs and work being done that helps solve critical issues in food
- Build a video library of key work being undertaken around the U.S. Properly tagged, groups doing the same work in other parts of the country will be able to find each other and connect
Join the Change Food community!
Interested in supporting a Change Food meets? – check this out for more information.
Interested in hosting Change Food in your town and/or at your venue? – Email Diane at changefood (at) changefood (dot) org