You can change the food system from wherever you are! All you need to do is gather a group of friends and neighbors, find some open space (hint: front yards work well) and plant fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts and grains.
- Organize a group of people who want to garden
- Look for donations of seeds, soil and equipment from local businesses or find neighbors with extra tools and gardening supplies in their garages.
- Set a schedule of who will do what
- Unless you are 100% sure your soil is healthy, we recommend you grow in raised beds.
- Plant seeds, water, and watch them grow!
- Post a sign letting others know the food is free for the taking.
- Share with your neighborhood!
We will soon have guides and more detailed information on exactly how to grow, including what other communities are doing.
Join the Change Food community so you can keep up to date on information about what’s being done with Plant Eat Share and those who are growing food for themselves and their neighbors.
We’d also love to see what you’re growing and share your efforts with others. Drop us a line and let us know what you’re doing! We’re also looking for volunteers to help us with organizing this effort. Join us!